Here is Starlight by Bethel Music and Amanda Cook! This song was recommended by my friend Shelby! ❤ I had not listened to this song before she mentioned it, but I REALLY enjoyed it! Jesus is our starlight, our every breath, He is with us in every moment, and is always close to us. My favorite lyrics of the whole song are “You are closer than the very oxygen I’m breathing in.” Every breath we breathe is because of Him, and it is such a great reminder that He is so close to us. (I don’t own anything! All rights and credit goes to Bethel Music, Amanda Cook and producers!)
Hi everyone! Today I just have one request. Please pray for Texas and Louisiana and anyone who may be effected by hurricane Harvey. There has already been major flooding and devastation in many areas across Texas and Louisiana. Please take a moment out of your day and ask a prayer on behalf of families who are losing properties, vehicles, and person possessions. Let’s also pray for the spiritual, and mental conditions those families may be facing. If you are in Texas or Louisiana, please stay safe, and know you are in my prayers.
Thank you to Phoenix at God is Awesome and At Work for passing this award on to me!
Note for the nominees: To accept this award, tell us all three things about yourself, answer the questions, and share three of your favorite posts written by fellow bloggers! Then pass it on to other bloggers by giving them some new questions to answer.
Here are 3 things about myself:
- I am now a freshman in college.
- I love hamburgers.
- My life verse is Psalm 118:24.
Now on the questions!
1. What’s your favorite dessert? I love ice cream! A close second would be cheesecake…
2. How many siblings do you have? I have one amazing older sister! Check out her blogs here and here! ❤
3. What’s your favorite childhood memory? This is a hard one. Probably our fun trips we took. We went up the east coast one time, and some mid-west states another time! Those were a blast! Or probably baking with my grandma, sister, cousin and aunt.
4. Who’s your favorite singer? My favorite singer is Danny Gokey!
5. When did you last go to the cinemas? Wow. I don’t even remember…oh, actually it was probably June 13th. My dad took me to see the K-love Fan Awards in the theatre! It was amazing!
6. What is your favorite thing about school (or homeschool)? Well, my favorite thing about homeschooling was probably being able to go at my own pace. If I didn’t understand something I could take more time with it if need be. Also having a flexible schedule too! Now I am in college. My favorite thing here is it is impossible not to get connected and involved! There are so many opportunities for everyone, no matter what you like or where you have come from! Also all my new friends! ❤
7. What is your most listened to song? Either, Known by Tauren Wells, Oceans by Hillsong, or the worship mashups by Caleb + Kelsey.
8. Who is your role model in the blogging community? I don’t really know, honestly. I love everyone I follow!
I can’t pick! I love everyone’s posts, so keep it up y’all! 🙂
Now for y’all’s questions! (Beware, these are so random! LOL)
- If you bought a boat, what would you name it?
- Are you a messy person, or a tidy person?
- Has there ever been a time when you got injured in an embarrassing way?
- What is the last song you listened to, or what song are you listening to right now?
- Are you better at cooking or painting?
- What is the most unique name you have encountered in real life?
- What are your ideal pizza toppings?
- What was your first car, or what is your dream car?
Anyone who wants to do this award…you have been awarded! Congratulations! 😀
Thank you for reading!
Thank you so much Anne from A Country Girl’s Life for nominating me for this award!
1.) Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
2.) Answer the questions.
3.) In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
4.) Ask them 3 questions.
Here are her three questions for me:
- Would you rather have a whipped cream pie in the face or a bucket of freezing cold water dumped on you? Definitely a pie to the face! I dislike cold things very much.
- If you could go out on a date with anyone you wanted, would you go out with your favorite celebrity or your crush? I guess this one is kind of cheating on my part, because I don’t HAVE a crush…so I’d pick favorite celebrity.
- If you had two wishes that could come true, what would they be? Okay this one is the hardest for sure. I don’t know really. Maybe that I would never grow tired. EVER. Physically, mentally, spiritually. Or maybe actually be able to teleport, so I would never be late…
Here are my nominees!
C.B. Cook at https://proverbs31teen.wordpress.com/
Allison at https://afarmgirlslife.wordpress.com/
Dainty M. at https://daintym.com/
Aundrea at https://akewrites.wordpress.com/
Here are my questions for y’all:
1. Would you rather live alone in a mansion or a tiny home?
2. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Share a moment when God answered one of your prayers. (Technically this isn’t a question,but I’ll take it!)
I hope y’all enjoy this award, and Congratulations! Have fun with it, and let me know what you think in the comments!
Happy sunrise everyone! Today I am pleased to share with y’all one of my favorite song mashups! Two of my favorite worship songs are Oceans by Hillsong, and You Make Me Brave by Amanda Cook with Bethel Music. Caleb (from Anthem Lights) and his wife Kelsey (from 1Girl Nation) mashed these two songs together. The very first time I heard this I got the chills it is so good! Plus, I can sing my two favorite worship songs at the same time and not get in trouble! LOL I hope y’all enjoy this! (I own nothing! All rights go to Caleb and Kelsey Grimm and producers!)
Thank you Anne at A Country Girl’s Life for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Let’s jump right into this award!
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the 11 questions Anne posted for me to answer:
- What is your favorite novel? Twinepathy! By C. B. Cook, check out her blog here!
- What time era would you like to live in? Oh, that’s a tough one. Probably the 50’s because I’ve always loved poodle skirts!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Other than Texas…probably Hawaii. Or if you want me to be more adventurous Australia. 🙂
- What is your favorite movie and/or TV show? My favorite movie is I’m Not Ashamed. I would definitely recommend this movie if y’all have not seen it!
- What is your favorite season (winter, fall, summer, or spring)? Oh this one is hard too. I guess spring, but maybe summer…
- What’s your favorite pastime? Blogging, reading the Bible, singing, reading, hanging out with friends, singing, listening to music, organizing, singing… 😉
- If you could be any character on Star Wars, who would it be and why? Well, here’s a shocker for y’all…I’ve never watched Star Wars. Well the recent ones at least, still I don’t really know who anyone is or what they do!
- Who’s your favorite actor or actress, and what are your favorite films that he or she is in? Masey Mclain! She played Rachel Scott in I’m Not Ashamed, my favorite movie.
- Favorite type of automobile? I like Toyota Tacoma trucks, and I love the car I drive (the White Tiger!) a Toyota Carolla.
- Do you like old or new? I like both, it really depends on the specific item! I like old music such as hymns, and new music too. I like both old and new movies too!
- Favorite book of the Bible? This is another tough question! I have a few favorites. Psalms, James, Hebrews, and Romans to mention a few!
I nominate these eleven bloggers!
C.B. Cook at https://proverbs31teen.wordpress.com/
Dainty M. at https://daintym.com/
myliron at https://myliron.blog/
Grace at https://myblessingbygrace.com/blog/
Here are my questions for y’all!
- If you could have any name in the world what would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- If you could meet a character from any fiction book, who would it be and why?
- If your pet (or pets) could talk for a day, what questions would you ask them?
- What is one thing that always makes you smile?
- Which of the seven dwarves are you most like? (Extra points if you name all seven without cheating!)
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What is one food you strongly dislike?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite board game?
- What is your favorite number and why?
I hope y’all enjoy this award and these questions! I can’t wait to read all of y’all answers!
Happy Monday my lovely friends! Tauren Wells recently came out with his first album! I am so excited to share one of his songs with y’all! The song I will be sharing with y’all today is the song Known. This song is such a great reminder of being fully known by God. Whenever we go astray, He always keeps pursuing us! It’s so hard to understand how much He loves us, because His love is everlasting and never fails! But never forget that you are fully known by the One who truly loves you and calls you His! (I own nothing! All rights go to Tauren Wells and producers!)
Today mandiesworld is 4 years old! Wow! One more year and it’ll be five years since this journey started?! I am so incredibly thankful for all of y’alls support these past 4 years. Thanks for sticking with me! I hope y’all have been encouraged and blessed by everything I have ever posted! I would love feedback from anyone! Now on to more adventures! 😀
Good morning lovely friends! Here is Jeremy Camp’s new song Defender! Here is what this song means to me. God is our defender. He will never leave us alone and will always be there to protect us! We are saved by the Blood of Jesus! I pray this song will encourage someone today! (I own nothing! All rights go to Jeremy Camp and producers!)
This past year has truly been one of the biggest learning experiences of my life so far. To read more click here!
One of the biggest things I have learned is how important it is to have people who support you. To start off, my family never once failed to encourage me in my pursuit of music and following God’s path for my life. They were always there for me and with me.
Next, are all my friends, who constantly encouraged me, inspired me, supported me, and lifted my spirit when I felt down. They also pushed me to be who God’s made me to be, and they wouldn’t let me quit! They were always there for me!
And lastly, but most importantly, God! God was always there, always caring for me, revealing Himself to me, even if I was too distracted to see or hear Him.
And here is what it came down to: we will never be strong enough to walk alone. At some moments throughout the year I felt I didn’t need anyone, and I didn’t want anyone to help me. But in reality, I needed family, friends, and God more than anything else! Their support got me through to this piont in my life and will continue to push me through to the end.
There will never be a point in your life when you don’t need friends, family, or God. No matter how strong you feel, you will always need people supporting you. Look at the president of the U.S. Even though he is the president, he still has people helping him. (Now please DO NOT turn this into a political discussion! It’s just an example!) No matter how powerful you are you will always need someone supporting you. And the only One who will never fail you and will ALWAYS be strong enough, is God. Rest in His strength, and trust in His amazing plan!
Thank you for reading!