Thank you Anne at A Country Girl’s Life for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Let’s jump right into this award!
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the 11 questions Anne posted for me to answer:
- What is your favorite novel? Twinepathy! By C. B. Cook, check out her blog here!
- What time era would you like to live in? Oh, that’s a tough one. Probably the 50’s because I’ve always loved poodle skirts!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Other than Texas…probably Hawaii. Or if you want me to be more adventurous Australia. 🙂
- What is your favorite movie and/or TV show? My favorite movie is I’m Not Ashamed. I would definitely recommend this movie if y’all have not seen it!
- What is your favorite season (winter, fall, summer, or spring)? Oh this one is hard too. I guess spring, but maybe summer…
- What’s your favorite pastime? Blogging, reading the Bible, singing, reading, hanging out with friends, singing, listening to music, organizing, singing… 😉
- If you could be any character on Star Wars, who would it be and why? Well, here’s a shocker for y’all…I’ve never watched Star Wars. Well the recent ones at least, still I don’t really know who anyone is or what they do!
- Who’s your favorite actor or actress, and what are your favorite films that he or she is in? Masey Mclain! She played Rachel Scott in I’m Not Ashamed, my favorite movie.
- Favorite type of automobile? I like Toyota Tacoma trucks, and I love the car I drive (the White Tiger!) a Toyota Carolla.
- Do you like old or new? I like both, it really depends on the specific item! I like old music such as hymns, and new music too. I like both old and new movies too!
- Favorite book of the Bible? This is another tough question! I have a few favorites. Psalms, James, Hebrews, and Romans to mention a few!
I nominate these eleven bloggers!
C.B. Cook at https://proverbs31teen.wordpress.com/
Dainty M. at https://daintym.com/
Etain at https://ahomeschoolinglife.wordpress.com/
myliron at https://myliron.blog/
Cat at https://twilightpaint.wordpress.com/
Rayliegh at https://acceleratethejesusmovement.wordpress.com/
Crystal at https://crystalsadventuresforchrist.wordpress.com/
Sarah at https://foreveraspiringwriter.wordpress.com/
Katie at https://katiescottagebooks.wordpress.com/
Grace at https://myblessingbygrace.com/blog/
Nat at https://myranger.wordpress.com/
Here are my questions for y’all!
- If you could have any name in the world what would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- If you could meet a character from any fiction book, who would it be and why?
- If your pet (or pets) could talk for a day, what questions would you ask them?
- What is one thing that always makes you smile?
- Which of the seven dwarves are you most like? (Extra points if you name all seven without cheating!)
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What is one food you strongly dislike?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite board game?
- What is your favorite number and why?
I hope y’all enjoy this award and these questions! I can’t wait to read all of y’all answers!
Happy Monday my lovely friends! Tauren Wells recently came out with his first album! I am so excited to share one of his songs with y’all! The song I will be sharing with y’all today is the song Known. This song is such a great reminder of being fully known by God. Whenever we go astray, He always keeps pursuing us! It’s so hard to understand how much He loves us, because His love is everlasting and never fails! But never forget that you are fully known by the One who truly loves you and calls you His! (I own nothing! All rights go to Tauren Wells and producers!)
Today mandiesworld is 4 years old! Wow! One more year and it’ll be five years since this journey started?! I am so incredibly thankful for all of y’alls support these past 4 years. Thanks for sticking with me! I hope y’all have been encouraged and blessed by everything I have ever posted! I would love feedback from anyone! Now on to more adventures! 😀
Good morning lovely friends! Here is Jeremy Camp’s new song Defender! Here is what this song means to me. God is our defender. He will never leave us alone and will always be there to protect us! We are saved by the Blood of Jesus! I pray this song will encourage someone today! (I own nothing! All rights go to Jeremy Camp and producers!)
This past year has truly been one of the biggest learning experiences of my life so far. To read more click here!
One of the biggest things I have learned is how important it is to have people who support you. To start off, my family never once failed to encourage me in my pursuit of music and following God’s path for my life. They were always there for me and with me.
Next, are all my friends, who constantly encouraged me, inspired me, supported me, and lifted my spirit when I felt down. They also pushed me to be who God’s made me to be, and they wouldn’t let me quit! They were always there for me!
And lastly, but most importantly, God! God was always there, always caring for me, revealing Himself to me, even if I was too distracted to see or hear Him.
And here is what it came down to: we will never be strong enough to walk alone. At some moments throughout the year I felt I didn’t need anyone, and I didn’t want anyone to help me. But in reality, I needed family, friends, and God more than anything else! Their support got me through to this piont in my life and will continue to push me through to the end.
There will never be a point in your life when you don’t need friends, family, or God. No matter how strong you feel, you will always need people supporting you. Look at the president of the U.S. Even though he is the president, he still has people helping him. (Now please DO NOT turn this into a political discussion! It’s just an example!) No matter how powerful you are you will always need someone supporting you. And the only One who will never fail you and will ALWAYS be strong enough, is God. Rest in His strength, and trust in His amazing plan!
Thank you for reading!
Hello lovely friends! I have a slightly different post today!
Y’all know I love music, and if you are new to my blog (WELCOME!) you will soon learn that music is my passion! Jamie Grace has always been my favorite singer, until the past few years. But don’t y’all worry, Jamie Grace is still a close second! Now another artist, Danny Gokey, has RISEN (let me know if you got the pun!) to the top, at least for now! You may think I like him for many different reasons, such as his voice, his looks, or the fact he was on American Idol. But you’d be wrong. It’s because of his music, plain and simple answer right? Wrong again. Let me explain!
The very first time I heard Danny Gokey on the radio, I immediately had to find out who he was and what song it was. I found the song (Hope in Front of Me) and then researched Danny Gokey. I read his story (and you can read it too, here) and I was very inspired and fell in love with his heart. Continuing on until now, I have seen him in concert a few times and he still inspires me. There has never been a time when I have not felt encouraged by his music.
He is one of many singers who have been an inspiration to me in my journey to use my voice for God. I pray that someday I will be able to just sit down and talk with him about music and using it for the glory of God. And be able to thank him for what an encouragement his music has been in my life personally. I also pray that I might have the opportunity to sing with him someday…I get chills just saying that! Anyway, these are the reasons I like Danny Gokey. Not because of how he sounds, or looks, or what his past was. No, its because of how his music has impacted me, encouraged me, and pushed me in my faith. And for his heart and passion for God.
I feel something when he sings. It feels like God is directly speaking to me through his music. And that is my prayer for me! That when I sing people won’t see me or hear me. I want people to hear God and be drawn closer to Him when I sing. Less of me, More of Christ!
Have you heard Danny Gokey’s songs? If so, which is your favorite song? Let me know in the comments!
Hello my lovely friends! Here is a song from For King And Country called O God Forgive Us. What this song means to me is this; we are crying out to God to forgive us for all the mistakes we make. And boy do we make a lot! I hope this song encourages you to take a minute (or more!) and ask God to forgive you for anything you have done against His will. (I own nothing! All rights go to For King and Country, KB, and producers!)
Y’all, I finally made an update to my blog, and I am loving it! Let me know what y’all think in the comments!
Here is a song from Mercy Me called Even If. This song really spoke to me when I just stopped and listened to the words of the song. Here is what I got out of this song. God is our only hope. He is there with us through the fire and through the storm and we will never be alone. It is well with my soul!
One lyric that hit me deep was, ‘It’s easy to sing when there’s nothing to bring me down.’ I have felt this strongly this past year. Sometimes when I would go up to help with worship, if I didn’t feel happy it was harder for me to truly sing. I want to be able to sing through the fire and the storm, through the hills, and the valleys! (I own nothing, all rights go to the MercyMe band and producers!)
For this week’s music Monday song we have Still by Hilary Scott. I love this song for the beauty of it and the meaning. All God needs us to do is be still. In this crazy world we too often stay so busy, when God is calling us to just be still and listen. Take some time this week to be still and listen to what God is saying. (I own nothing! All rights go to Hillary Scott and producers!)